Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 5 months ago

What to do when your mom doesn't care if a medicine is killing you due to the side effects but forces you to take it daily?

it's a medicine for my anxiety. She stresses that I need it, but it is giving me breathing problems. I've been hospitalized for a long infection and got asthma since taking it. These nights I've been waking up because I cannot breath and go to sleep to go out into the living room and have another dose of beclate and try to breath. When I'm dead I hope she's happy.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Possibly she is too under the control of your psychiatrist. I really feel for you in this but I'm a little lost about what you can do. This is very wrong.

Social workers, therapists would all stick up for the psychiatrist. Can you demand another psychiatrist?

I would first talk to your main doctor as well as any hospital staff for options and also speak to your psychiatrist show them the proof of hospital stays and a doctors note or two couldn't hurt either see if you can't try a different medicine if it is truly the cause but there is a very slim chance it's something else

I'm taking meds for depression and anxiety and all I can do is talk to my doctors and everyone and keep trying until we find something that works.

• In

Beclate is an asthma inhaler, not an anxiety medication. It doesn't seem to have any particularly serious side effects. It does however sound like you may need a medication for anxiety, so talk to your Doctor.

i would take to sorneone in cps about it, that rnight be considered abuse

Is lung / breathing problems a side effect of this medication? Or is that a separate issue?

Listen to your parents as our Lord God commands