Can hardly eat or drink, what is wrong with me?

I am having trouble eating and drinking things because every time that I swallow it feels like theres mucus in my throat that catches it or it just gets stuck. Also, when I eat it feels like I'm going to throw up sometimes with that bubbling up in my throat feeling as if I needed to burp, but I can't.... show more I am having trouble eating and drinking things because every time that I swallow it feels like theres mucus in my throat that catches it or it just gets stuck. Also, when I eat it feels like I'm going to throw up sometimes with that bubbling up in my throat feeling as if I needed to burp, but I can't. Sometimes throughout the day my throat feels tight and it seems like there is a little ball in it. However, this seems to subside when I relax. I haven't ate or drank much in the past week because of this. I also suffer from anxiety. I went to the ER about this and they suggested GERD, however I do not have heartburn. I looked up the symptoms for silent reflux and it seems to match except I don't have a persistent cough or breathing problems. After the ER diagnosed me with GERD I did start to have heartburn sort of but that could have been my mind playing tricks on me. I should mention that I have an intense fear of throwing up and choking which doesn't help the eating/drinking issue. Because of this I do not like taking medication. I am at a loss for what is wrong with me. Can someone help? I am a 20 year old female with no medical conditions that I am aware of.
2 answers 2