Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 6 months ago

How to organize a bunch of kitchen items in a small apartment?

I had my bridal shower today and i am grateful for all the gifts i received. Anyways any tips on how to store them in the kitchen? I only got one outlet plug in the kitchen for two things to plug in and i received a keriug coffee maker, a toaster and a microwave. Im not to sure where I can put everything and i would love to keep everything on the counter. Does anybody have any tips on what i can do? I also received in gifts a bunch of small other kitchen items like a set of spices, knife set (ones that come in the block) and smaller things that are useful. Thanks in advance.

I really love everything just cannot figure out where to put it.

• Cammie
    Favorite Answer

I am in the same situation as i have a tiny kitchen.I wish i could have empty counter tops as I think that looks so great.I have a coffee maker out and a microwave.I used to have a toaster oven but it broke and i never replaced it.Things toast in the oven just fine.I always though toasters were a waste of space.Maybe put that away till you have a larger home.Or plug it in another place than the kitchen.Remember to unplug items not in use- but not the microwave .Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

• Snezzy

You simply won't be able to plug in all three things at the same time, and that's actually good, because the circuit is only strong enough for two of them at most. Do not buy some sort of gizmo that lets you plug in all three, or you'll find you are always tripping the breaker.

Set your sights on getting into a bigger and better place.

Meanwhile, if you have any spare time you might read story books and history from the 19th century (or from the Soviet Union of the 20th Century) and marvel at how people managed to live in tiny spaces.

• drip

In a small apartment kitchen you may not be able to use everything.

My daughter’s huge Kitchen Aid mixer is still at my house 4 years after the wedding. They hope to be in a bigger place soon.

I don’t keep my toaster on the counter, even though I have the room. It is in the cabinet.

The knifes may need to be in a drawer.

In a small kitchen keeps thing uncluttered. Keep your counters as open as possible. It will help the small space

Hire a personal assistant.