Clear smoke coming from exhaust after not turning on the motorcycle for over 4 weeks?

Lasted a good 20-30 seconds. Turned on fine. Ran fine. Any worries?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If clear smoke is coming out of the exhaust then how can you see it? White smoke is water, blue smoke is burning oil, and black smoke is unburned fuel.

• 5 months ago

It's just condensation.

• don r
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Likely it was condensation.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Condensation steam. Something that happens EVERY MORNING except you are not paying attention. Cars do it too. It does it for a bit until all the moisture is boiled out. 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 years it is always the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Don't worry about it unless oil level and/or coolant starts to get low. Should always start/run any motor once a month, get up to operating temp. 'Till then, condensation, etc, will show momentarily.

• 5 months ago

That's normal for a vehicle that's been standing. My VFR750 does the same because I favour my FZ1 most weekends.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I'm certainly not worried

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

rnaybe you should have a rnechanic look at it

• 5 months ago

Clear smoke is likely steam, from condensation in the exhaust system from sitting.

• CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Explain "Clear Smoke" if you can - probably nothing to worry about if it was a little blue smoke - some oil seeped around the valve stems - depending on the engine configuration - always include year make model and engine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.