I didn t know I had to work tonight??

Okay, so I work at a restaurant, and they send out front of house and back of house schedules separately. I m mainly a busser, meaning I m listed on the front schedule. Occasionally though, I ll work dishwashing shifts, mainly in doubles (I ll work a shift in the morning and then a separate one in the evening with... show more Okay, so I work at a restaurant, and they send out front of house and back of house schedules separately. I m mainly a busser, meaning I m listed on the front schedule. Occasionally though, I ll work dishwashing shifts, mainly in doubles (I ll work a shift in the morning and then a separate one in the evening with a few hours between). When I work dishwashing shifts, they normally list it on the front schedule with an annotation.

Not today, apparently. Yesterday I worked a double and it was listed on the front schedule as usual. Today, I worked a typical morning bus shift. That was all that was listed in the front schedule, so I assumed that was the only shift I had to work today, and I made plans. While I was out, I get a phone call from a coworker (my boss is not there in the evenings). "Hey, weren t you supposed to work an evening dish shift tonight?" "Um, no?" "...Are you able to show up?" "I don t think so, sorry."