Am I being unreasonable here?

The person I am living with has a girlfriend that spends a lot of time over here. She doesn't pay the rent. I smoke weed in the place several times a day and she cannot stand the way it smells. I have gone into my room to smoke, but still- it bothers her. I basically was like you don't even live here and I... show more The person I am living with has a girlfriend that spends a lot of time over here. She doesn't pay the rent. I smoke weed in the place several times a day and she cannot stand the way it smells. I have gone into my room to smoke, but still- it bothers her. I basically was like you don't even live here and I get to do what I want at my place.

I really don't see how this is any different from me complaining about the way someone's chinese food or something smells. Yet- because we are entering an era of a war on smoking- people feel entitled to not having to smell anything that came from burning plant matter- even if it is not being blown right in their face.

Like if I told her that I don't like the way her cooking smells- she would probably laugh at me and tell me to get over it- how exactly is this any different?