Tenants infant son died. They want to break the lease.?

My current tenants moved in on April 19, 2019. As of today July 20, I have not received any rent payments. I just received an email stating that their infant son died in the unit on the 4th of July and they would like to be released from the contract (1 year) due to their association of his death with the... show more My current tenants moved in on April 19, 2019. As of today July 20, I have not received any rent payments. I just received an email stating that their infant son died in the unit on the 4th of July and they would like to be released from the contract (1 year) due to their association of his death with the unit.

How should I handle this? Of course I feel saddened by their loss, but on the other hand I have not received any income for 4 months now, and I m scraping the bottom of the barrel to meet my own obligations.

I would like to release them from the contract on the condition that the ballance due be brought current. Is there anything else I should get such as the costs associated with securing a new tenant?