Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

What is this ball in my throat?

weird thing in my throat. i’m 16 female. no other symptoms. i can feel it in my throat. what is it? wanted a first opinion before going to the doctor.

It could be a badly infected tonsil or it could be something more serious. The only way to find out is to see a doctor.

• In

I have no idea what that abnormal growth is without a biopsy. Go see a Doctor (ENT) as soon as possible.

Guess it could be a swollen cyst or some swollen part of your throat that you can touch with your tongue. If you have medical insurance, your doctor can refer you to an Ophthalmologist, an Ear, Nose Throat specialist. Either way, you will have to pay an office call to your doctor who refers you to the specialist who will diagnose the problem. Ophthalmologists do not accept appointments except from attending doctors. Sorry.

harrald

• Amaretta

An ophthalmologist is an eye doctor, not an ENT. She should be able to get an appointment with an ENT without a referral.

See a doctor. Probably nothing but a doctor would be best.

Take meds and quit smoking if you do.

It may be a throat polyp.