Why did my ex admit im the one after I married someone else?

I was crazy about this guy for yesrs...we dated on and off and in the end we just were over and met other people but stayed friends..... but then i met my husband and i cut contact with him. Years later we reconnect on social media and then years later we chat and he admits he was foolish to have let me go and that... show more I was crazy about this guy for yesrs...we dated on and off and in the end we just were over and met other people but stayed friends..... but then i met my husband and i cut contact with him. Years later we reconnect on social media and then years later we chat and he admits he was foolish to have let me go and that i was the only 1 for him. Hes not asking me of anything but ever since that, my mind is f*cked up. I feel nostalgic of him ever now and then. I have 3 kids. My husband is a great guy even though every marriage has its faults...i still find myself fantasizing about my ex. I havent seen him in 8 years. Why do men do this.