? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

I’m 23 years old and I live with my parents do I have to listen to them and my mom and dad threaten me about turning my phone off?

• Foofa

Unless you have a lease and are paying market rate rent you're basically a guest in their home. The only way they could turn your phone off is if they're paying for it, which means they're fully within their rights to terminate your service.

As long as your parents are letting you live with them you’ll have to listen to them. If you don’t like it find somewhere else to live.

Yes you have to listen to them you are under their roof dont be a disrespectful brat

Yes, you're an adult and legally you could get into legal trouble. Though you have placed yourself in a child's place since you are still living with your parents and they are paying your bills. A cell phone bill should not be their responsibility. Let them cut your phone off, buy and pay for your own. At 18 years of age I was on my own. Went to college and never went back I purchased my first cell phone and paid the bill. I obtained housing by myself and paid all of my bills myself while going to college with six classes and two jobs most of the time I was in college. So, if you aren't respectful don't expect your parents to be nice enough to pay your bills, namely your cell phone bill. They no longer owe you anything. Once you turned eighteen, you became an adult and everything that your parents do from their is a gift. You don't respect their rules and their wishes than it's you're own problem. Grow up and show them that they have raised their child into a responsible adult. Sorry if you were asking for someone to be on your side, but you're wrong. You need to apologize and correct your behaviors and be thankful for such loving parents that no longer owe you anything. Good luck.

• tonya5 months agoReport

The answer is yes. As long as you live under their roof, it’s their rules. No matter what you do, the Bible says that we must honor our parents (Colossians 3:20)

Not if you stay in the basement where you belong , they won't be able to bother you about it there .

If your parents have the ability to turn your phone off, that means your phone plan is in their name, not yours.

I suggest you get a job and if you do have a job, maybe get a better job or work more hours so you can afford to move out on your own. This way, you can pay for your own way and do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it.

That is the solution to having freedom.

So, if I were you, I would make a full time job out of getting a job or a part time job of getting better employment so you can afford the lifestyle you want for yourself.

In the meanwhile, regardless of your age. When you live with mommy and daddy, you live under their thumb and under their roof, so you live under their rules...........or move out. It really is quite simple. You live in their house, so either obey their rules or be free to leave and make up your own rules in your new place.

rnaybe you should rnove out, that way you can have your phone on all the tirne

It's their house. You're just a squatter or tenant. They get to make the rules and you get to live by them.

Really? GET A JOB, and pay for your own damn phone, and place to live!

• Murzy

Respect them as long as you are under their roof.