Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 6 months ago

Can you have sex with MRSA or Staph?

I cut my toe days ago and went to the doctors—my pcp said it was probably infected and swabbed for MRSA. I won’t have the results for a few days is it okay to have sex?

Its perfectly fine, so long as the localized lesions are not near the genitals and are covered with a waterproof dressing. MRSA and Staph present as a cutaneous lesion and can only be transmitted by direct contact with the lesion or fluid directly from the lesion. Regular hand washing / cleansing with an antibacterial agent also prevents the bacteria from incubating and resulting in an infection. While the infection can become septic, sepsis does not impart infectious agent into sexual fluids. Thus staph bacteria are virtually never found in sexual fluids, and these types of infections are technically not STIs.

Where is the MRSA? If its not all over, and its in one place, sure. MRSA and staph are all over our skin actually.

Source(s): PA
  • Benny

MRSA and Staph -- I guess they're European chicks? I'd like to see photos before I commit to having sex with them. 😹

Yeah, as long as you're not doing foot stuff.

not with me.............

No no way its a super bug no way...

No, not if you think you may have MRSA or Staph. They are highly contagious. I actually have staph as we speak. I picked it up about 5 days ago, it's on my scalp and in my right nostril.

MRSA can be really bad. MRSA ain't no joke! My GF had that, ended up in the ER, on iv antibiotics, whent into pneumonia, almost died a couple of times. There are no longer any effective antibiotics for new strains of MRSA. You just pray you have a strong enough immune system to fight it.

• Tor6 months agoReport

You are incorrect these infections are not STIs and cannot be transmitted via sexual contact. Also there are newer antibiotics that are still used. MRSA is particularly susceptible to certain non-penicillin antibiotics, particularly Clindamycin.