dark asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

If you drink one coffee a day for a few weeks and then stop will you get withdrawal like symptoms?

Favorite Answer

No. If you only drink one or two cups a day, you're not likely to experience the caffeine headache that heavy coffee drinkers get when they stop drinking coffee.

Source(s): Personal experience

Not at all. Coffee is cure of many ailments.

• audrey

No. Very few people actually get "withdrawal" symptoms from a couple of cups of coffee.

No, I doubt it very much.

Claro el cafe es adictivo

• Janet

You may. Everyone's body is different.

I never had any trouble with stopping coffee. I drank 3-4 cups a day (always before noon), for about 30 years.

But once I started having trouble with heart palpitations (made worse WITH caffeine consumption), I stopped drinking coffee and had no withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe (?) because I only drank coffee in a 5-hours span (7 am to noon) and so I was "withdrawing" every day an never fully got addicted? Maybe not .. this is just a guess.