Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 7 months ago

Is this normal?

My almost 4 month hold can't really grasp toys. I hold a toy in front of his face and he looks at it but doesn't really reach out his hand to hold it. He grabs SOME stuff like if I'm holding my phone in front of him and it's on the charger, he'll grab the charger cord and yank it sometimes. He holds onto a toy if I pull his fingers open and give it to him, then he'll hold it and chew on it.. But other than that he doesn't really hold out his hand to grab the toy I'm holding and hold out his hand when he sees toys.. Is this normal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

By 4 months of age your child should be filling out college applications. But seriously he is reaching and grabbing so his vision and motor skills appear to be fine. He apparently is just not interested in the toys.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Shithead...ASK YOUR F#CKING PEDIATRICIAN!! If the baby GRABS YOUR FINGER when your place your finger in the palm of the the baby's hand...EVERYTHING IS FINE. JEEEZ!!!

• 7 months ago

Dont compare him to other babies he will do everything when he is ready

• audrey
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You asked earlier today why your kid couldn't stand up at 4 months. Now you want him to play with toys. I think you need to get some baby books and READ them. You're either a troll or you need some serious help. You've asked other questions too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You should be asking a pediatrician this question. All kids develop at different speeds, so the only way to know is to ask someone who's been trained to make an informed decision.

• marty
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes. We raised 7 kids and yours is acting normal compared to how ours acted at that age.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

he probably dont realize its a toy since he is 4 rnonths old

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.