Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

Is it legal to be involved in a road rage?

Say someone cuts me off, can i get out of my car and throw something at the persons car who cut me off

• Foofa

Rage is an emotion and you're allowed to experience whatever emotions you feel. Attempted assault is an action and it's one that's likely to get you into trouble (or shot if you live in L.A.).

No, you cannot do that. You could face a few charges in relation to this incident and possibly jail time - depending on where you’re from!

Road Rage has noting to do with other horrible drivers. Road Rage is a response people have to their own personal unresolved anger issues and has nothing to do with traffic or other habits of motorists sharing the road or not sharing the road in that case.

You see, there are horrible drivers who are selfish or just incompetent, having a terrible day, lack temporary judgment skills, are in a rush to be somewhere, are distracted on their phones or eating a McDonald's hamburger. I doubt someone wakes up in the morning and says to themselves "I think I will look for woman driving a silver car to harass today". Road Rage victims are random people who are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It is dangerous to engage a person who is Road Raging. You have a duty to be safe on the road because there are other innocent people traveling, just like you are with families just like you have. No need for angry moves with three ton bullets (vehicles) on our roads.

Yes, it is illegal to be involved with Road Rage. What part of pulling over and searching for something to throw at a motorist is okay with you?? What if you miss and hit another car? What if you pull over in anger and are in a dangerous area, putting other motorists at risk? You see, rage is an emotion that is irrational and unreasonable. This is how people get hurt and even die. Certainly illegal, I assure you.

Rage is an emotion and is perfectly legal.

Road rage describes a variety of behaviors many of which are illegal.

Laws vary, but generally speaking, throwing an object at a car is illegal. It could be considered anything from vandalism to malicious mischief to assault to reckless endangerment depending on the specific circumstances.

If you throw something at someone's car that causes them to crash and kill a pedestrian, you're in a world of legal hurt.

If you do make sure they don’t get your license plate Or have dash cam or something or chase you down, etc because you might be getting a call from cops later. Technically it’s illegal. In my crazier days I chased another car 5 miles after they cut me off on Merritt Pkwy on ramp, pulling RIGHT in front of me SLOW as hell Instead of waiting for me to pass. Was going at least 70 mph. in wee hours of morning when we were only the only 2 cars on hwy. Had to SLAM on brakes to avoid hitting him, my poor dog went flying into dashboard so I was pissed. Chased dude 5 miles, Every time he tried to get on another road to get away, I kept turning and stayed on bumper. Haha. Finally he pulled up at a construction site on I-95 next to a state trooper. I stopped also. Didn’t care. Had to explain to the cop what happened and he let me go but he told me it wasn’t a good idea, basically . That’s just one of my road rage stories. If you enjoyed it give it a thumbs up or even better ‘best answer’. Peace

Road rage is god given right. The reason that statement sounds ridiculous is because it is, much like your question.

Not only illegal, totally stupid.

While you're tossing something at that guy's car he's pulling his Smith and Wesson Model 60 out from his glove compartment and taking aim at you through his open window.

Almost every month where I live, we have road rage shoot outs. Unless you're prepared to shoot or be shot, you best learn to calm your road rage and live longer.

What you describe is crime in my state, whether you are angry or not.

No, you cannot throw something.

yes its legal .by the time you get out of your car , that person will be long gone. let him pass you and ram him from behind,,,lol bye