Is it legal to mail a deer tail within the country?

My friends hunt deer (for food, they throw out the pelt, bones, antlers, etc.). I am a practicing taxidermist that wants as little of the animal to go to waste as possible. I have a deer tail I treated years ago that a friend wants, who lives a couple states over. I tried looking at laws within the states, but couldn't find anything specific to this problem. It's a whitetail buck specifically, though I'm not sure if the sex is important when it's just the tail. Either way, is there anything I should know before I pack it up and mail it?

Favorite Answer

Should be okay in a flat rate priority mail box. https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/welcome.htm

Any organic matter could be require special treatment if it was infected, or there was a particular plague going on affecting the animal/plant. Probably doesn't apply.

You might want to slip your card into the box, along with the date of harvest and treatment, if known. In the unlikely event that a postal inspector looks at the box, they will then know it was processed by a professional.

You can absolutely do that. Use one of those anything boxes at the post office.... if it fits, it ships.

yes it is you can't do that