adam asked in SportsWrestling · 7 months ago

Which pro wrestlers have you met, and what were they like?

I met James Ellsworth a couple years ago after Smackdown in Anaheim. Me, my friend and my dad were walking to our car. He was in the passenger seat of a car about to leave. He saw us and rolled down his window. He gave us a high five and asked if we liked the show

I have met all the WWE and WCW and NWA and EWA wrestlers

• ?

Drew Galloway (or his wwe christened name - McIntyre). Absolutely class guy. Met him before wwe got their grubby mits on him. Stood speaking to everyone after the show, took multiple pics, signed a bunch of bunch and then everyone went to pub with him.

Now this may strange for Americans, but in the independent scene in Scotland, this is a regular occurrence for the wrestlers to do. For ICW anyway (where drew came from) theres a pub across the road from the main venue where most wrestlers will head after the show and have a good night with the crowd.

• David

Not exactly met, but in 1991 my wife and I flew back into the Minneapolis airport after a cruise. We picked up our luggage and as we walked through the airport to get to our car, I spotted John Tenta (Earthquake) toting some luggage. I thought that was weird, but my wife and I exited the terminal only to spot a female fan getting the autograph of Jake the Snake Roberts. We boarded a shuttle bus to take us to the area where we had parked our car. Looking around the bus, it was filled with WWF wrestlers I recognized including Tito Santana, Bret (the Hitman) Hart, and several others. That's when I realized I was sitting next to Mark Calaway (Undertaker) wearing a tee shirt and jeans. Even sitting down, he dwarfed me. It became obvious that they had flown in to do a WWF event. I sat quietly, wanting to let them have some time undisturbed. When we reached our car, I told my wife the identities of our fellow bus passengers.

Yeah, I could have done the fanboy thing and gone around shaking hands and asking for autographs. But I thought we handled it more respectfully that way.

Baron Von Raschke was the coolest, nicest celeb I've ever met. He looked straight down into my eyes and talked and listened to me as a kid. Buck Zumhofe, to my disappointment, was a jerk and wouldn't say one word to us kids.