Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 6 months ago

Why do people stare at my 4 year old and me when my child is in pubic?

If she whines or is scared of something of course she will cry. She’s a child. I HATE when people stare at me and my child. All they are doing is JUDGING. I get no advice whatsoever. If you don’t have anything to say, don’t look. STOP JUDGING US. You dont know what we go through

Because parents should never take a toddler anywhere unless the child behaves properly.

It's normal for people to turn their head and look in the direction of a sound.

It's a survival instinct to do that. Once they see it's just you and your child,

then they can look away. But rather than having an angry scolding attitude

towards them, you should feel apologetic about it since you are the one

making a commotion. It disturbs the peace and distracts people from

what they are doing. You need more humility.

• Hannah

Are they giving you dirty looks, or just looking? I'd think that more often than not, they probably aren't "judging", they're just naturally reacting to the noise (looking to see where it's coming from) or maybe making sure your child is okay.

If your daughter's whining in public then you need to simply remove her from the store and explain that if she keeps whining that you'll be going back home or that she won't be getting something that you promised her and follow through. If she's crying because she's scared then you need to ask her what she's so afraid of and your next step would depend on what it is. For example if she's afraid of something harmless like a butterfly then explain that it won't hurt her. However if she's afraid of another person such as a family friend, a relative, or one of her teachers try talking to her about why she's so afraid of this person. Children often fear adults for various reasons such as maybe that adult is abusing them because kids sometimes cry when they see their abuser. You can also try asking her how her day at school went to see if she mentions anything suspicious.

Source(s): Hope I helped

As Panda said not all of them are judging you some are turning just because of the noise, some are wanting to check the child is OK and anyway just ignore it. I don't even care at all and it happens to me all the time because try having an autistic 13 year old that throws himself on the ground screaming.

If you don't want to be stared at, and judged; shut your brat up, or go home. Believe me, nobody will miss you.

People tend to look in the direction of loud noises. And some may be concerned that a child is crying so they look just to make sure everything is ok. Also some people might just be bored so they are just staring at the action which is your child crying. Its completely normal just try to ignore them.

Maybe because you said pubic instead of public, which creates quite an image...

Need more information. For how long do they retain their stare? What is their facial expression during their stare? Are their stares accompanied by snarky comments, eye-rolls, unsolicited advice, or unsubstantiated accusations of you being a bad parent?

Without additional details, it is difficult to assess the intentions and underlying meanings of their stares.

• helene

People are allowed to look. Get over it.