George
George asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

If you are under guardianship of the estate, can you still have your own debit or credit card?

Nobody can answer this question without knowing a lot more about the estate.

Possibly. It depends if you you have a trust or not, or how the Willis worded or the agreement with either the lawyer or the financial managers in how the estate was set up. One if my financial managers gave me choice I chose NOT to have a trust. I already had joint bank accounts with my father. I had to re.Ive my father's name from the bank accounts. I already had a credit/debit card in my name. I should add that was for the state of Louisiana. Louisiana has a different law code than the rest of the United States. Technically estates ate not probated. I was also 45 years old by the time my father's estate was settled.. I was still 42 Yeats old when my father died. I was 21 years old when my mother died. There was a trust from my mother's estate, but my father managed that and the trust was closed by mutual agreement.

I have no brothers or sisters. Both my parents were only children too. There are no aunts or uncles I have not married, yet, and I and not likely too, or significant

Source(s): other. Your circumstances are probably quite different. You need to work with the lawyers and other professionals.