Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 6 months ago

i’m starting babysitting today and it’s my first time and it’s a 4 month old baby i’m so nervous someone please give me tips?

What’s always good is talking to the parents and asking what they do that helps calm down their baby or certain quirks they do. All babies are different, by the time your with them for a bit you’ll pick up on certain signs they are telling you. With being so little the baby will probably sleep most of the time. Just make sure you change a diaper a little fast so they don’t pee on you! Haha good luck!

Babies are more rubber than glass, they don't break easy! I'm a foster parent and have looked after a LOT of babies. Asking this question and being nervous proves to me that you will be GREAT at it. Just do your best and realize you have to get to know this little one to take care of him/her. They all cry, they all fill their diapers, and they all sleep most of the day. You will learn the kind of cry, and when they need you, very quickly and it will be easy after that. Good luck!