Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 5 months ago

how do you look good in photos if your average looking?

i want to become a model, but i don’t look good in photos aswell i’m shy and would get anxiety in front of cameras. If i do get accepted to be a model i wouldn’t know what poses and that to do. I have no experience modelling and i’m very camera shy when it comes to people i won’t know taking it. On the agency i want to joins website it says people 15 and over can come in without an appointment and have an honest assessment about their modelling potential, i don’t really know what they’d do in the assessment. can anyone give me tips on poses and looking good in photos.

Favorite Answer

You have to try different angles and different types of shots. You have to look at the camera like you're looking at a person. You have to look at the camera in different ways, showing different expressions or conveying different feelings or attitudes. When someone sees you, they see the person you are and feel positively to you on that basis. It may be with photos that you have to try different approaches to present yourself in a good way that can be captured by imagery.

• John

The real answer to your question. You go into the modeling "Agency" and you meet some person in some room. They say, "Wow, we never saw anybody like you before, you are JUST GREAT!!!!!!" But.......... You need a portfolio. We can do that for you, just pay us $1000 and yes, we take credit cards. And that's when you turn around and walk away, if you have any sense.

When someone sees you, they see the person you are and feel positively to you on that basis. I Know many Companies that edit pictures but I Always say that true retocuh is the best Company For editing pictures

Shyness is a handicap in life. To overcome it for modeling, you should take some classes. If you can't do that, study magazines like Vogue and strike the poses you see. Vogue and magazines like that are available for free in your local public library.

• keerok

Projection ....

The main thing that makes people look good in photos is confidence. You can watch modeling and photography videos until you become confident, and learn the 'tricks of the trade' at the same time. Are you tough enough to 'hang in' till you make it?

I'm, terrified of heights but I want to be a construction worker and build skyscrapers. That makes as much "sense" as you wanting to be a model with all your problems. Jeez... try using at least a tiny bit of common sense will you?

you look better then you really look

i don't know if your aware but there's thousands of women who want to be models and there's very few who actually make it big.Most end up doing nude photo ops or get in the porn industry.my advice is to look for a different career.

• Anon5 months agoReport

and plus i don’t want it as a career when i’m older i wanna have a proper job when i’m older