Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 5 months ago

Cut my toe—dr tested for MRSA. What do I do if I have MRSA?

I cut my toe really bad 5 days ago (so bad it cut my nail and skin under the nail) I bled a lot but didn’t go to the doctors as I was traveling for work. I soaked the would and used neosporin and bandages on it.

On my flight home yesterday I got a sharp pain in my thigh on the same leg where I cut my toe—my leg didn’t feel normal all night and again today it felt odd. A numb/tingling sensation and waves of it feeling warm and cold and tight.

Went to urgent care today and the DR said it was infected and he tested for MRSA but I won’t have results until Monday. I’m worried that maybe MRSA or Staph infection spread to my leg or am I just being overly worried? I was prescribed Bactirim took my first dose today. Should I be more concerned about it—I told my doctors about my leg feeling off and he didn’t say anything.

No, not that much. Bactrim + Keflex is the standard regime to treat MRSA and staph and it usually responds very well.

See a doctor soon ........

• k w

neosporin is crap, wipe it off asap, the cut will never heal with that crap on it, new skin works great, even on toes, it needs air, even tho it's coated it will breathe, I used this product for many many years and was quite happy IU could wash my hands and not hurt the cut. for fresh cuts ,bandage til the blood coagulates then give several coats of new shin on it to protect it, some even have pain killer in it and it works too!

• k w

why hide behind anon?

• Zirp

You hope your body's immune-system is able to deal with it, and do your best not to spread the bacteria to others

• Andy C

If I were to tell you that yes, you need to get more worried, what exactly will you do?

Amputate?

CAN you get more worried?

For an answer, it's a lot of questions.

• Mark

Well, YOU can't do anything, but your G.P. might be able to prescribe something....