how will britain respond to iran seizing the british tanker ship?

as a british person i'm pretty worried about this, i heard recently that iran seized hijacked a british ship in the gulf near there....what will happen next?

in the turmoil our country is in at the moment, can we handle this move by iran? is anyone supporting us?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

if i were me, id sell the oil contained in the tanker that was seized by the British and compensate the ship owner which is Swedish and the crew families whoa re from all over the world

• Login to reply the answers
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

With diplomacy, as it is already doing. And don't write off the idea of a SBS assault to get the ship back, whatever Jeremy Hunt says. Not that anyone really wants to do that as it would only make matters worse.

Our country is not in turmoil. Meanwhile, the USA is on our side. Iran just happens to be pissed that it was caught breaking sanctions against Syria and the USA has re-imposed sanctions against Iran.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

This is the 2nd time they tried that. The 1st time they failed because a British destroyer intervened. Great Britain may fire the opening shots in the next war in the region.

• 6 months ago

Britain started the problem by seizing and Iranian ship. Britain created the mess but is blaming Iran. Things are only getting worse.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Perhaps by seizing an Iranian tanker. One in Gibraltar, which is a colony and has to do what it is told. (sorry - 'british overseas territory' - quite, quite, different).

• ...Show all comments
    • Ludwig
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

There are no excuses for sanctions against the Syrian Arab Republic, which faced a multi-pronged attack on its sovereignty by Saudi backed insurgents, using US Arms and which has part of its territory illegally occupied by the Israelis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.