VANESSA asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Can i bathe my dog after vaccination for 3 days?

You should not be bathing the dog any more often than once every 4 to 6 weeks. So you can bath your dog once every month or two. When you bathe, you are washing away all the natural body oils & constant bathing will cause the skin & coat to dry up, become flaky & itchy & a real problem.

My dogs haven't had a bath in yrs. When they do get baths they go & roll in the dirt & create a mud dog. It does no good to bath them, they roll in the dirt & it is worse than before they were bathed. I keep 'em brushed to stimulate the skin & catch any under coat I can. Bathing them has not been pleasurable & it only made matters worse.

Yes, you could have bathed her the day she got the shot. The vaccine was injected & cannot be washed out. Be careful with those baths, you can cause a serious problems if you bath too often. Bath on the first Sunday of every month or what ever day you choose.

• ?

Regardless of vaccination status, you cant bathe your dog for 3 days. Its skin would start to break down and fall off.

• Jojo

Mmmmmm.....No you should not bathe an dog for 3 days running.

But you can bathe an adult dog 3 days after its had its vaccination.

For puppies:

Veterinarians recommend you should also wait 1-2 weeks after each vaccine to give a bath. Their first bath will put the puppy under a great deal of stress which could lead to a weak immunological response to the vaccinations they receive.

• Verulam

^^ Totally agree! I'd not put a puppy under additional stress like this, period. And the same applies to an adult if he hates being bathed.

Can you bathe your dog for 3 days?? Or can you bathe your dog 3 days AFTER VACCINATION?