What is the best way to learn guitar for free?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Google “justinguitar”.

Excellent free course from beginners to advanced.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tommymc
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Yes, Mamianka, we agree. Dimitri asked for the best of the free options...which pales in comparison to a real instructor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

YouTube may have some tips and tricks for beginning. Although, it is preferred you get professional guitar lessons because they will pay off. I remember when I did guitar when I was younger, but then I quit and low key regret it. I prefer piano though

• Athena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

On line, just like anything else.

Of course, what do YOU mean by "best way" ?

• 6 months ago

The guitar is a tough instrument for a number of reasons, but if you're driven enough, go for it.

My biggest obstacle was tuning the strings. A cheap guitar is not worth investing in; you should count on spending about $200, maybe less, for a decent guitar. You can buy an electronic tuner, these are inexpensive and will help a lot in the beginning.

You can learn the chords from a book, and you should study them diligently. There are about a 100, and when you can shift from one to the other without any effort, that's a milestone. You also need to study the scales. All that you can do without a teacher.

There are probably some free tutorials on YouTube, but I suspect they are all very basic. It's worth it to save money for lessons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

youtube and go to school of rock IDK if you have that where you are but it's really fun, you perform and practice with a band with people your age ages 6- 70 around the local favorites , i was only in it for a moth and i already getting stuff on the house

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Spend the money and get lessons with a professional guitar teacher. Most people who try to teach themselves fail in the attempt. Give yourself the best chance for success and get lessons.

Source(s): Playing guitar for 57 years
    • Mamianka
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Hey Ben - us two old pros, in sync as usual. But not what this kid wants to hear . . .

• 6 months ago

You have used the words "best" and "free" in the same sentence. Things do not work like that. Trying to learn from sine random person in You Tube is a crap shoot. Finding a truly qualifed teacher and taking lessons worries the best. Period.

Source(s): Career professional classical musician in NY area since 1973. Three degrees of lessons - teaching studio since 1973.
  • Tony B
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Make friends with someone who is a reasonable player, knows everything you need to know about playing the guitar and, most importantly, is a good teacher.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Don't pay subscriptions for guitar lessons. Highly recommend using YouTube.

• 6 months ago

google it on www.google.com/search

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.