Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 6 months ago

You see a former colleague at the mall you’ve not seen in 16 yrs,they say “sally! Is that you? You look sooo different & older!”what to say?

To such rudeness

Yes we age! But saying it??

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Then you say, "Oh, I wouldn't have recognized you either, sweetie, because you've gained soooo much weight! OMG, how do you carry all of it around???"

• Login to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Well, we're none of us Peter Pan nor Benjamin Button!, It happens to us all.

• Angie
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Some people's rudeness is really not intentional. Often times, people truly just have no tact nor do they understand social etiquette because they were likely never raised with those values. I always try to practice the golden rule, and model good manners. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but I would like to hope maybe being a good example will rub off on them. I would simply respond, "How nice to see you. You look great."

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

she was probably so surprised to see you she wasnt thinking about what she was saying

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • `
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

"Funny, I was going to say the exact same thing to you. What are the odds?"

• Cara
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Smile sweetly and say "And you look younger every day."

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'd just say, "Wow, so do you!"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

"I was just thinking exactly the same when I saw you" complete with a wry smile on your face.

• Kim R
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

"Same to you!" Some people have no filter. 16 years is a long time; of course one changes. If that's the rudest thing to come your way, then you should count yourself lucky.

• 6 months ago

I would prank her and say....."I'm sorry but my name is not Sally....however I have a grand daughter by that name who looks just like me and we age well. What is YOUR NAME? Oh, yes, she mentioned you....aren't you her RUDE friend?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.