What does my dream mean?

I had a dream that i entered a place that almost seems like a apartment complex or hotel. There were rooms on the first floor and stairs. They had a little convenience store but no cashier. A man came down the stairs and i moved out of his way as i was looking at toothpaste and then the man came behind me and basically told me all these things he was going to do to me... then i tried a yell or scream for help and nothing came out in the dream but my girlfriend woke me up by holding me asking what’s happening bc i screamed for her 3 times. As soon as i came to it i gripped on to her shaking feeling like i was scared it was going to happen again so for a few min i couldn’t let go of her even if i wanted to

This is a true nightmare! So sorry you had to endure this. Did that man look like someone you know in real Life? I am assuming he was giving you a list of all the scary things he would do to you if he captured you, and this totally freaked you out. Ask yourself who does he remind you of? It is as if your subconscious mind is trying to warn you about him. Your dream gave you hints about him; he was at a rich place, he is sure of himself and his ability to evade the law, he likes the younger woman, etc. Sound familiar?