Is it bad that I can drink a fifth of vodka a night and not even appear drunk?
So basically I have been binge drinking nearly every single night for about a year. I started drinking every once in a while 2 years ago. I am 18 years old right now and started drinking when I was 16. When I first started I would drink maybe 2 beers and be pretty buzzed up. Now, 2 beers feels like drinking 2 cokes, nothing happens. So anyways one night I was with my friend and his dad and I drank a whole fifth pf vodka (like usual) amd I showed no signs of being intoxicated. His dad began to worry and I had to explain to him that it’s normal for me and I do it all the time. He told me I should probably “seek some counciling.” I don’t know, I thought this was normal for drinkers to do. What do you say?
- STEPHENLv 77 months ago
Too funny. An 18 year old kid that says he doesn't appear drunk after drinking a fifth.
YOU think you don't appear to be drunk. To a sober person you're drunk.
I've known people that say "I don't get drunk, however much I drink". The truth is they do. They just think they don't.
News for you kid. Drinking at dangerous levels isn't smart or clever and people aren't impressed.
- curtisports2Lv 77 months ago
I say keep it up and you'll need a liver transplant before you're 30.
- HindusufiLv 77 months ago
It means you have develop a lot of tolerance to the central nervous system effects of alcohol. However the negative effects will pile up. It's toxic to your liver, kidneys, pancreas to start with. Probably your esophagus and stomach lining are at least partially eroded. The time will come when you vomit blood. At that point it will be very difficult to stop because of the withdrawal symptoms. Your prospects are not good, alcoholics usually have a painful, suffering death. Get help now before it's too late!
- oikoσLv 77 months ago
If you do that every night, it isn't binge drinking. You are an alcoholic and need help.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- heart o' goldLv 77 months ago
Yes, that is pretty bad. You are on a steep slope into helpless alcoholism.
- SkyLv 77 months ago
If that is true, what you describe indicates severe alcoholism. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible to work on a plan weaning yourself off of alcohol. And it's something you can't just give up cold turkey. Your body has built up such a tolerance and dependence on alcohol, stopping suddenly could be very harmful, possibly even fatal. Work on a plan to reduce your alcohol consumption over the course of 4 to 6 weeks, and keep in communication with your doctor to monitor any symptoms that may start to come up.
- Karen LLv 77 months ago
Yes, it's bad. If you drink like that at 18, you'll be lucky to make it to 40. Try Alcoholics Anonymous. It's free. They have a website. You can find a meeting there.
- skepticLv 67 months ago
Not to worry. Eventually, at that rate of consumption, you'll be in the hospital for cirrhosis of the liver or your kidneys will stop working. Then you won't have the ability to drink alcohol anymore. Heck, you won't have the ability to do many things after that happens. All for fun, right?
- 7 months ago
You’re an alcoholic