I love to cook for my family but almost every time I make a meal he always says it's just "alright." How can improve flavor of dishes?

HE loves to eat at chikfila and burger king so I tried to recreate the chikfila chicken sandwhich using my knowledge and copy cat receipes i saw online. I tasted and Thought it tasted identical. I even used the same spices and everything they used. When my dad tried he said it was just "alright" When I... show more HE loves to eat at chikfila and burger king so I tried to recreate the chikfila chicken sandwhich using my knowledge and copy cat receipes i saw online. I tasted and Thought it tasted identical. I even used the same spices and everything they used. When my dad tried he said it was just "alright" When I asked him how it tasted. Now He does this with almost everything I cook. Now I'm not sure if his taste buds are messed up or if I need to improve my cooking because I had friends and family try the same sandwhich i made and they said it tasted even better than chikfila. Same thing with a catfish meal I made at home. I used a lot of flavorful spices and peanut oil which brings great flavor yet he claimed restaurant catfish taste better. My goal is to make amazing food my family and friends can rave about. Any advice