Now that Blockbuster is gone, where do people rent their DVDs from?

I am in my I have no desire to rent a DVD, I am just curious where people are getting their rentals from. I have seen Red Box at grocery stores, but the kiosk do not seem to do a brisk business whereas Blockbuster was packed on the weekends. So where are people renting their movies from? Just curious.

Favorite Answer

Mostly RedBox. Ive used RedBox almost 90% of the time but sometimes Ill just use on demand in xfinity to rent a movie. RedBox right now is the cheapest option (even though theyre slightly raising their prices due to demand.) But im pretty sure I represent the majority when I say I use RedBox most of the time.

• Spike

Some people go to their public library and barrow from there.

The city I live in and some of the next door countries even the mom and pop rental stores are disappearing after Blockbuster and Hollywood Videos. I just buy my DVDs and Blu-rays, ever since they came out and as the price went down. I don't even barrow from the library. IF I watch it on streaming, it probably be a movie I don't think it worth owning on DVD or Blu-ray at all. Also it has to be free to watch on streaming or I then barrow from the library or tell my cousin to download it from a foreign site.

Never had a blockbuster in my town, we have another movie rental store and it's still in business because not a lot of folks who live in my town have the means to rent from Red Box.

Some of people don't rent DVDs anymore. Some people just stream all their movies.

But those who do rent DVDs and Blu-Rays (like me) get them from Redbox machines.

• Nāga

There's a DVD rental store just a few minutes from me, it's been there over 30 years (it used to have videos). But I haven't rented a DVD in many years.

Redbox or Netflix.

There's a local.......well, I don't know exactly what it is........not a Game Stop, not totally a Game card selling store...........just a kind of geeks haven, that has Yugioh tournaments and whatever......and they sell a variety of things..... Funko Pops, statues, .....games, and DVDS.......and there's a section where you can still RENT some DVDS.

I don't bother with renting........I just wait for the price to drop to like $7 and then I just buy.

• DeeDee

Family Video is where I go.

• Mark

They rent them from Netflix.

Redbox is the only place I know where ppl still rent DVD’s. Unless there’s a small DVD renting business in your town. Other than that, Redbox has completely taken over.