Now that Blockbuster is gone, where do people rent their DVDs from?

I am in my I have no desire to rent a DVD, I am just curious where people are getting their rentals from. I have seen Red Box at grocery stores, but the kiosk do not seem to do a brisk business whereas Blockbuster was packed on the weekends. So where are people renting their movies from? Just curious.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Mostly RedBox. Ive used RedBox almost 90% of the time but sometimes Ill just use on demand in xfinity to rent a movie. RedBox right now is the cheapest option (even though theyre slightly raising their prices due to demand.) But im pretty sure I represent the majority when I say I use RedBox most of the time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Spike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Some people go to their public library and barrow from there.

The city I live in and some of the next door countries even the mom and pop rental stores are disappearing after Blockbuster and Hollywood Videos. I just buy my DVDs and Blu-rays, ever since they came out and as the price went down. I don't even barrow from the library. IF I watch it on streaming, it probably be a movie I don't think it worth owning on DVD or Blu-ray at all. Also it has to be free to watch on streaming or I then barrow from the library or tell my cousin to download it from a foreign site.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Never had a blockbuster in my town, we have another movie rental store and it's still in business because not a lot of folks who live in my town have the means to rent from Red Box.

• 6 months ago

Some of people don't rent DVDs anymore. Some people just stream all their movies.

But those who do rent DVDs and Blu-Rays (like me) get them from Redbox machines.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nāga
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There's a DVD rental store just a few minutes from me, it's been there over 30 years (it used to have videos). But I haven't rented a DVD in many years.

• 6 months ago

Redbox or Netflix.

• 6 months ago

There's a local.......well, I don't know exactly what it is........not a Game Stop, not totally a Game card selling store...........just a kind of geeks haven, that has Yugioh tournaments and whatever......and they sell a variety of things..... Funko Pops, statues, .....games, and DVDS.......and there's a section where you can still RENT some DVDS.

I don't bother with renting........I just wait for the price to drop to like $7 and then I just buy.

• DeeDee
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Family Video is where I go.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They rent them from Netflix.

• 6 months ago

Redbox is the only place I know where ppl still rent DVD’s. Unless there’s a small DVD renting business in your town. Other than that, Redbox has completely taken over.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.