Should I buy Pokémon Sword and Shield (read description)?

Hi guys. I assume everyone’s seen the issues being talked about with the games, so I’m just going to jump in. I haven’t played any of the 3ds games. The most recent Pokémon game I’ve played was Black 2 and I’ve been replaying all my old Pokémon games since then. It’s getting old tbh and I kind of want to move forward and play something new. I won’t be buying a 3ds for obvious reasons, so this (and lets go Eevee which isn’t even a main series game and only features Kanto Pokémon) is kind of my only option. Has anyone played the game’s demos to know if they’re any good? Would someone like me enjoy the game?

• John

i would wait until the game is actually out and you can see more of what the game is like before deciding. a lot of things have changed since gen 5, even if megas and z moves aren't coming back we still have a new type, lots of new pokemon, new moves, and new items.

i probably won't be getting ss because it doesn't seem that impressive from what we've gotten to see. i know it will at least be good because pretty much all pokemon games are at least good, but if i'm paying $60 for it, i want it to be better than good. unless something major changes, they delay the game (and with the anime for sun and moon drawing to a close, i know it won't be), or something happens to make the lack of features i want okay, i'll probably just spend $40 getting the gen 6 games since i went from white to ultrasun and never played xy and oras

I haven't played anything since B2W2 too.