Is it normal for a manager to compliment you on your work?

Why does he keep complimenting me on my work?He’s my manager, and I consider him to be a “friend” since we’re close in age and he wasn’t a manager when I started (and became friends). However, we’re not super close friends either. Except he always goes “good job” or goes “*** did ****, isn’t that great” something... show more Why does he keep complimenting me on my work?He’s my manager, and I consider him to be a “friend” since we’re close in age and he wasn’t a manager when I started (and became friends).

However, we’re not super close friends either. Except he always goes “good job” or goes “*** did ****, isn’t that great” something along those lines.

I’m not someone who needs compliments to run? So I’m just wondering if this is normal? The other coworkers are much older than us so I can understand if he feels awkward complimenting them too. But is this normal?
1 answer 1