How much does an employer get for tax evasion and unpaid wages?

I am in the process where my job in the state of Ohio has not paid the wages owed. I have filed with the state labor law. But also is their a claim or reward for reporting this or any extra money that could be paid to us for experiencing this inconvience and unprofessionalism? Me and 23 employees were affected we have hand written paystub and more.

• John

Some, but not most, violations of wage and hours call for double damages. Depending on exactly what the circumstances are, you could receive twice the amount of wages due for those violations.

Tax evasion is a different beast entirely. That would be a criminal charge, and any fines paid for a violation would go to the government.

• John

@ STEVEN F (continued): In this case, the Ohio law allowing double damages for certain wage and hour violations is: 2016 Ohio Revised Code Title [41] XLI LABOR AND INDUSTRY Chapter 4113 - MISCELLANEOUS LABOR PROVISIONS Section 4113.20 - Double damages.

Employers don't get fined when there is a wage claim.

You just get your money if the money is due AND the employer has the money to pay you.

If the employer has no money, there is no money for you except as part of the bankruptcy proceedings.