elderly incontinence?

Im an elderly man 60s.And I need to wear protective underwear or what one might say a diaper attends poly briefs for over 2 years I get them by the case ..Over others I found these to be the bestr other brands ....Recently a redness and soreness all around those area's ..I use 4 to 6 of those diapers a day any solutions would be great

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

have your urine test as it may be a high acid content or the rash may be a yeast fungus

both can be improved by diet and more water intake

• 4 months ago

60s doen't make you elderly, and personally, I think you're full of crap!

• 4 months ago

One for your GP I'd suggest. And '60s' is not what I call elderly!!

• Sam
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

you should try a "condom catheter" also known as a 'Texas Catheter"

fits over exterior, nothing indwelling, and runs to bag strapped to leg that you can wear pants over.

AND 60's is not 'elderly'

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yôu must be a troll as no rational prson

would boast of using diapers over the intrnt

& very few ppl who do have intrnt accėss yk!

• Ann
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

He's not boasting, but asking for suggestions about how to deal with skin irritation.

• 4 months ago

that's a lot of leakage' get checked by a urologist.. for bladder leakage..it may be fixable

• 4 months ago

I guess incontinence goes with age. I have it, though not that bad. You may be a candidate for using a catheter which will allow you freedom from protective underwear all together.

• susan
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Are you wearing adult diapers, or are they really the "briefs?" Briefs are like toddler Pull Ups. Actual adult diapers exist, and are used in some hospital settings, but I'd think they would be pretty hard to put on oneself, so I think you use briefs.

Something you might try. It's what my mom does. Buy not only briefs but also incontinence pads. You wear the pad inside the brief, and it will catch the leaks, so you don't need to change the briefs as often. Then you're paying for the pads, too, but you can run the numbers and see how the cost compares. The issue is sensitive skin, and you need to change pads often enough to keep yourself clean. If I were in your shoes, I'd go on the baby aisle at the store and find something there to put on the red sore area, because I think it is for all practical purposes similar to a diaper rash. You're probably already doing this, but I'll just say do use the toilet to relieve yourself, and only let these products catch the leaks. Keeping your skin as clean and dry as possible will help, and if it doesn't, consult a nurse or doctor. Your comfort and well being are worth an awkward conversation. Good luck.

Edit: I see you did say briefs. I apologize for over explaining.

Edit: If you have no issue with the back side, then you could probably skip the disposable briefs and use the pads with regular mens' cotton briefs.

• 4 months ago

Use aquaphor.

Have you considered a suprapubic catheter? I know several people who have then and are very pleased with it.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Shower often. Use talcum powder....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.