I need some japanese names for elements.?

I have Light, Dark, Sea, and Sky.

Hikari

Yami

Umi

Sora

I need japanese names like the above that mean Fire/Flame, Lightning/Electricity, Ice/Snow, and Earth/Land

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Diana
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Lightning is inazuma.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The common elements used:

Light: Hikari/光

Dark: Yami/闇

Fire: Hi or Ka/火

Water: Sui of Mizu/水

Earth: Chi/地

Lightning: Kaminari/雷

Wind: Fū or Kaze/風

Wood: Ki/木

Gold: Kin/金

Ice: Kō/氷

Void: Kū/空

Spirit: Rei/霊

Sea is often assosiated with Water, while Sky can be either Wind or Void (since Void character is the same as Sky).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The other answer is a good example of why you shouldn't use automatic translators, lol

'Raitoningu' is just the word 'Lightning' in Japanese phonetics, as there isn't actually a true Japanese word for it. They use 'Kaminari', which more closely translates to 'thunder' but implies the lightning part too. 'Inazuma' means a bolt of lightning, the 'ina' meaning 'rice plant' and 'zuma' (technically 'tsuma') means 'wife', due to the ancient belief that lightning fertilized crops.

'Chikyu' means 'Planet Earth', not elemental earth, which is 'chi' or 'Tsuchi'. 'Tochi' can mean soil, but the 'land' sense is a 'plot of land' or a region.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Fire: Kasai, Flame: Kaen

Lightning: Raitoningu, Electricity: Denki

Ice: Kori, Snow: Yuki

Earth: Chikyu, Land: Tochi

• Brandon6 months agoReport

Oh wow! I didn't even know some of those. I reconized Yuki and Kasai, but I didn't know they were associated to elements. Thanks for the info!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.