joseph asked in TravelUnited StatesPortland · 5 months ago

are homeless people in Portland getting more aggressive ?

Its a sad situation. I live near Hood River and like visiting Portland, downtown and Pearl District. I would like to take my wife and kids there but am wary of doing so these days with the homelessness situation as it is. Doesnt seem safe to me. On the other hand, I am sympathetic to many of the homeless people, many of whom are working (full-time in many cases) but are priced out of a ridiculously expensive housing market. I work 60+ hours a week and my wife also works and we are just barely keeping afloat living in the spendy little touristy town we do.

no. but they are increasing in number by the day, they are ALL over the place now, Even in Oregon city has a bunch now.

I was talking with a Clackamas County sherriff about two weeks ago, He was telling me that 90% of what he deals with is either Drug related or they are homeless, or both.

• Mark

They are getting more aggressive EVERYWHERE.... If I wasn't afraid someone (how do they have a gun if they're destitute?), I'd say something like "does my face remind you of a cashpoint?"