Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

can i take protein shake to prevent weight loss?

i recently moved to another country for study and from few months iv'e been working and moving much more and with that also my appetite decreased,

iv'e lost 8/9kg in few months, im trying to eat as much as possible and as much nutrients but it seems my daily intake is not enough.

so should i drink protein shake ? like 2/3 times a week? and i also eat like 1/4 of the meat/fish i used to eat when i was living with my parents, soo my daily protein intake is not enough.

i have notice more fat loss then muscle loss but i would like to keep my muscles, so if i start drinking protein shakes will i notice weight improvement ? and muscle growth with an adequate protein intake?

btw im 21 and thank you to everyone for the answers. :)

• k w

only real protein will work, the body knows too bad you don't, invest in a non md endorsed nutrition book and read it, it will pay dividends, the mds are still endorsing flour products, it causes inflammation.......

• joe

Your muscles will continue to decline if you do not work them. When one loses weight, you lose both fat & muscle and the extra protein will not keep your muscles strong, you have to exercise them. Since protein shakes are usually fairly high in calories, they may help you gain or maintain your weight if you consume enough of them.

Best wishes