Can i take protein shake to prevent weight loss?

i recently moved to another country for study and from few months iv'e been working and moving much more and with that also my appetite decreased, iv'e lost 8/9kg in few months, im trying to eat as much as possible and as much nutrients but it seems my daily intake is not enough. so should i drink protein... show more i recently moved to another country for study and from few months iv'e been working and moving much more and with that also my appetite decreased,
iv'e lost 8/9kg in few months, im trying to eat as much as possible and as much nutrients but it seems my daily intake is not enough.
so should i drink protein shake ? like 2/3 times a week? and i also eat like 1/4 of the meat/fish i used to eat when i was living with my parents, soo my daily protein intake is not enough.
i have notice more fat loss then muscle loss but i would like to keep my muscles, so if i start drinking protein shakes will i notice weight improvement ? and muscle growth with an adequate protein intake?
btw im 21 and thank you to everyone for the answers. :)