What artist or band do you always recommend when someone asks for a music recommendation?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Coldplay! and also Imogine Heap .. but where are they? lol

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Pink Floyd and Deep Purple. My top two favorite bands ever.

• 6 months ago

Spoon and Pink Floyd. Those have been my favorite bands for a long time.

• 6 months ago

Take the Seven.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

R.E.M. ..........

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sting. Some people hear jazz, and much of it is. Some people hear pop, and much of it is. I ALWAYS hear classical. His best arrangements are such that I can see the score in my head.

• 6 months ago

Queen or The Who.

• 6 months ago

Arkona

Word minimum met.

• 6 months ago

I am one of those people who's still discovering the magic sound of the Super Seventies...a decade I consider the greatest for music. As much as I know about the different genres, I'm still finding music from that decade.

If someone's asking about current music recommendations--forget it--I can't help anyone. But, if someone asks about my favorite music, or maybe something they might never have heard of or forgotten...be it rock; soft rock; progressive rock; soul; punk; funk; jazz; country; disco; new age or even the sounds from the Big 80's, I have my recommendations.

If there's one artist I recommend from the 70's and 80's primarily, it's the magnificent Gino Vannelli. No one sounds like Gino. His sound is precise, original (no one speaks so wonderfully blunt), and like nothing else from any other artist. You are either a Gino Vannelli die-hard fan or you've heard of him; there's no real middle ground. In the Comment section below is my favorite song of his, Love Me Now. Here, he's blunt--he is what he is--accept it and give in to him.

If there's one band I recommend from the 70's or 80's primarily, it's the fantastic Steely Dan. One of the cleanest sounding bands of all time--so incredibly precise in sound. This is a band that used the very best studio musicians available to get the sound they wanted on each album. They have a very unique sound. In the Comment section below is my favorite song of theirs, Glamour Profession. An outstanding song about the L.A. drug life, but most don't realize it because of their choice of lyrics, not to mention how wonderful it sounds.

I recommend listening with headphones and cranking it up.

• 6 months ago

i used to say Maroon 5.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.