Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 7 months ago

should i discipline my son or not?

so basically my son is sick and is staying home at the moment, my daughter was about to leave for school and was tying her shoe laces when he literally vomited all over her. i know this wasn't a mistake because he walked over to her and bent over her like 5 seconds before he vomited. afterwards he laughed and made fun of her. i told him he should be in his room resting and it was a very mean thing to do. he is now in his room sulking, my daughter is now taking a off school because she and her uniform needs to be washed. i feel like i should discipline him but he is sick?. maybe i should just wait till he is better and then talk to him?. also he has probably contaminated his sister by vomiting on her so now i have two sick children. what should i do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

You didn't say how old he is which makes a LOT of difference.

• Login to reply the answers
  • art
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

take your son for a LONG walk and "lose" him somewhere, preferably in a large store where security guards will look after him until social work takes him away, now you only have one sick kid to look after

• 7 months ago

Since it's July, I'm going to assume that (1) this is summer school, or (2) this happened a few months ago, and the parent is looking for retrospective advice on how s/he may have best handled the situation

Yes, the kid should/should have been disciplined. It indeed sounds intentional, and this behavior betrays a lack of consideration for other people's time---e.g.forcing his sister to miss school and forcing the parents to clean up his mess. As you mentioned, he could have easily made more people sick by intentionally exposing others to his germs.

If he did this as a teenager or young adult, he could find himself in more serious trouble. Forcing others to come in physical contact with the bodily fluids of someone with an infectious disease is technically bioterrorism :)

• Lv 7
    7 months ago

punish yourself for not raising children with compassion for others.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Damien
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

you better punish when he becomes better or else he will become a dumb kid in the future.the fact that he finds vomitting on someone, not just someone but his sister shows he is a jackass who will likely find toilet humour funny if this isnt dealt with now.

• Kelley
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

Talk with/discipline/train/teach your son immediately so he won't do it again

Lv 7
    7 months ago

It's July 19th and school is not in session. So the issue is moot.

• TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

When will people living in the USA learn that they are not the whole world or the only people on the internet. No school holidays right now in the Southern Hemisphere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.