Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 6 months ago

What to do about being overworked at work and management who does not care?

You say overworked...I say maximizing my payroll...

Its the manager's job to get the most out of every dollar spent in payroll.

Define "overworked" as you are being paid for your time & competence in completing work as assigned. If you are not doing the job well enough to keep up, don't expect to keep the job. If you expect time to fiddle around, socialize, etc, between breaks, you need to look for another job. If you are working flat-out, highly effective & efficient, & it is simply impossible to get all the work done, then it is time to talk to your superior about getting additional staff.

Think about an assembly line, and turning it up faster-faster-faster until even the best worker cannot do the job. That's ridiculous. That's when unions go on strike, not before.

It's not that management "doesn't care." Everybody is under pressure to do better, do more with less, and get the best & most competent people on the job. Every person has to produce enough to justify their costs, and competition is very tough these days.

• ricky

Congratulations, you are in the land of opportunity. If you are a hard worker that is productive, you just quit that job and get a better job. It all comes down to your value to a company. If you are unremarkable, you’ll have to take what you can get.

• Sally

Either figure out how to stand up for yourself or get a new job.

• Chris

Resign and start your own company. Show us all how to do things right. Watch your new enterprise flourish in the Trump economy. Think what a hero you will be.

Vote for Bernie Sanders

• Bear

An 80 yr old crackpot communist? LOLOLOL ok...

Cry. A lot. Then go back to work if you want that money.

I usually sleep it off. Because if I'm well rested, fed and smoked out.... I can handle it.

Your primary focus should be money. Fvck everything else off.

• Sherry

Start looking for a new job. That's just the way it is.

And on your next job, don't show your a ss and let them see how good you are from the start. They'll still expect you to improve upon it even if it's impossible.

There is no such thing as being overworked. They are paying you for your time. If you are not happy then find another job.

I was a Director for 10 years and associate VP for the firm I worked at for the last 7 years of my career. It's not that management does not care, but a lot of decisions come from corporate that are beyond your bosses control. The organization grows, it is cheaper to keep operations in one centralized office than it is having an office at every branch to perform the same function and the workloads increase for the system office.

Find a new job, then quit.