Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 months ago

is it possible for a computer with an AMD processor to last more than 2 years?

I was wondering because I just bought a laptop with a Ryzen 5 processor and I heard on reddit laptops with ryzen processors have lower quality parts.

• Fulano
    Favorite Answer

Ya, there's no way that's true that they will only last 2 years.

Sounds like something that was written by a fanboy. Did this Keyboard Shogun on Reddit happen to mention if the laptop was an Acer or a Lenovo? Did he cite his sources?

If this particular laptop is having widespread issues then it's on the company that designed the laptop and what parts they decided to put into that laptop, it's not on AMD or it's Ryzen processors. Also, I've noticed that issues of this sort are limited to a particular product series, such as the Lenovo Flex 3.

I had a laptop with an AMD Turion processor and it lasted 7 years. Now I have a laptop with a Core i5 that barely functions.