Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Is burning more calories than you consume to lose weight true?

I’ve seen and read multiple articles and sayings that either say this is false or true. I’ve been trying to count my calories but I stopped because they said this saying was false. How can I lose weight then?

1 year ago

Its true. Not everyone needs to count calories to be in a caloric deficit which is why you get people saying its bullshit. If you cannot maintain a deficit without counting then keep counting.

• Mark
    1 year ago

Yes, it's quite true. Ridiculous fad diets ("eat boiled eggs every day for a week, then only eat cabbage soup for a week") don't work (and might actually deprive you of certain necessary vitamins) unless there is a "caloric intake deficit".

• Brian
    1 year ago

If you burn and use more calories and carbs than you intake; yes you will lose weight.

• 1 year ago

It's the only thing that can't be false.

Anything else that is claimed is true, will only work if it results in that.