How long does it take to restart Social Security disability benefits after filing an expedited benefit reinstatement application?

I used to receive Social Security disability benefits which stopped due to my work activity. I am no longer able to work due to my disability and was told that I was eligible for an expedited benefits reinstatement. (EXR). It was my understanding that since I was eligible for the expedited reinstatement the... show more I used to receive Social Security disability benefits which stopped due to my work activity. I am no longer able to work due to my disability and was told that I was eligible for an expedited benefits reinstatement. (EXR). It was my understanding that since I was eligible for the expedited reinstatement the process of restarting my benefits would be quick however the office told me that it may be months until my benefits restart. I was told that although the process is supposed to be expedited and quick that is not always the case but it is my understanding that I am supposed to be able to receive benefits while waiting for my application to be processed. Does anyone know how long this process actually takes until my benefits restart?
1 answer 1