How long does it take to restart Social Security disability benefits after filing an expedited benefit reinstatement application?

I used to receive Social Security disability benefits which stopped due to my work activity. I am no longer able to work due to my disability and was told that I was eligible for an expedited benefits reinstatement. (EXR). It was my understanding that since I was eligible for the expedited reinstatement the process of restarting my benefits would be quick however the office told me that it may be months until my benefits restart. I was told that although the process is supposed to be expedited and quick that is not always the case but it is my understanding that I am supposed to be able to receive benefits while waiting for my application to be processed. Does anyone know how long this process actually takes until my benefits restart?

t

There is no set time for every possible circumstance.and combination of issues.

The office told me that it may be months until my benefits restart.

The only person that knows is the one that processes your application.