What do you think of the new 2020 C8 Corvette?

• In

Oh wow, GM brought back the Pontiac Fiero!!! But seriously, the new Vette now looks like every other mid-engine car that exists, and so dies an automotive icon. No big loss IMHO, cuz fiberglass is for fishin' rods.

Eh, actually think it''s kinda ugly. It generally looks like the body aero styling necessary for a super-car, but they plastered a Corvette nose on it.

I think they had some marketing confusion. They wanted a mid-engine car to compete with other brands. I think it would have been positioned better as a Cadillac, but it seems they didn't want the new car to compete with the Vette.

One thing about the Corvette throughout the years is it is noticeably different each year and the quality is outstanding.

I think it looks great in pictures from the side and front, but I've seen some "spy photos" of the rear that make it look like a lazy stylist played with a Camaro rear clip in Photoshop for 10 minutes and just said, "good enough, send it". Cars almost always look different in pictures than in person though, so I'll reserve judgement on the styling until I can actually see one in person.

On one hand I like that GM went all-in and gambled on completely changing the Corvette... On the other hand, I'm not sure it's going to be the huge sales hit GM thinks it will after the novelty of being "the first mid-engined Corvette" wears off. I don't see how GM will be able to keep the price low enough to keep it affordable for the demographic that typically buys a Corvette. Not only that, but I have a feeling that potential customers aren't going to be especially thrilled with some of the inherent drawbacks that come from any car being mid-engined (usually a lack of trunk space and the poor rear visibility to name two major things that are a pain to live with if you have to live with a car).

While the C8 will almost certainly be faster at a dragstrip or around a road course, the C7 was already more car than most of its buyers can/could handle at anywhere near its limit (even in base form, not to mention the Z06 or ZR1) so I'm not sure that the C8's added performance at the limit will be enough to get people to pay significantly more for it while also living without some of the utility that the previous generation cars had that the C8 likely won't have due to it being mid-engined instead of front engine/rear drive.

• Murzy

I have been a vette owner and I love every model from the first one.

I think it’s lit fam

• Gabe

Beautiful. Stunning. Elegant. Sleek. Exuberant.

• John

It blends in with all of the other mid-engine cars, its lost its Corvette identity.