tia asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 6 months ago

Sal, Cape Verde wasps?

So I’ve Arrived for my holiday today at the riu palace Cabo Verde which is absolutely amazing but... I’ve seen flys around which doesn’t bother me at all but I’ve seen these wasp looking things that have got me very paranoid as I’m extremely petrified of wasps. This thing looks like this but I really would like to know if anyone has figured out being at this hotel what the hell they are: would be much appreciated!!! Btw the pictureight be it but I doubt it cause there’s a couple wasps/hornets that look like this.

Favorite Answer

Sceliphron caementarium, a totally harmless mud dauber.

• tia6 months agoReport

And what I mean by that is like a sand wasp. Which would make sense too cause of the beaches

• Kenny

That looks like a dirt dauber (mud dauber) I have them around the farm and have never been stung by one . They are just not aggressive .

• tia6 months agoReport

The picture is of a mud dauber it’s the closest thing I could compare it too. I’m not sure if it is specifically that due to the wasps looking similar to each other such is it might be a thread waisted wasp. I just don’t know what it is. I would love to know. I haven’t been able to see one clearly.