Please help me! I'm in a college financial crisis!?

I have recently finished my fourth year in college and I will need at least an extra semester if not a another full year to obtain my degree. I was recently told that if I want to be considered for financial aid, I would have to fill out a fifth year appeal. I already have about a certain amount loan debt and I... show more I have recently finished my fourth year in college and I will need at least an extra semester if not a another full year to obtain my degree. I was recently told that if I want to be considered for financial aid, I would have to fill out a fifth year appeal. I already have about a certain amount loan debt and I don't want to deal with $25K, $30K, $40K student loan debt. My single mom is currently in school (only has one job), my dad is not in my life (hasn't contributed a dime), and I'm an only child. I'm truly considering dropping school for a few years, working to try to pay off the debt and returning back to school. Do you think dropping out is a good idea given my description?
2 answers 2