Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Should I quit my job?

I started working at this pizza place as a server for 3 weeks. I looked at the schedule and I did not get any hours. I only told them I needed July 21st-24th off even before they offered me the job. The took me off the whole week and I wanted to work this weekend. Another reason is that the people who come on weekdays are picky who served them and are rude.They have game nights and only like the main servers.3rd I am the only black employee at the place, maybe that s why she does not want to schedule me, because some customers could be racist and have problems with me serving them which can be very true because it is 95 percent white who goes in there.I was thinking to go to a multi-race place(not racist of prejudice but to avoid being discriminated). I do not want to think that is the issue but it could because i am black that s why I am not getting hours. I only get 1 3 hours shift if i am lucky. She hired more people(and they are getting more hours) and another black woman is not getting hours either during lunch shift :/All i know this is discrimination by employment laws. So should I quit?

I only told them I needed July 21st-24th

I wanted to work this weekend.

This weekend is July 21st and 22nd. One of those statements is FALSE under any possible set of facts. You shouldn't quit. You should be FIRED for lying to the employer.

• `

Employers want employees that really want a job. You already asked for time off even before you were hired. Why didn't you wait until after July 24th and then start looking for a job?

• Sure, it isn't as if you actually want the job.

Why would an employer jump through hoops to favor the new hire's demands at all?

Most places the more senior folks get the weekends because there are more opportunities for tips.

You asked for time off and they gave it to you. Not sure that you have a huge gripe.

Stop with the BULLSHIT racist attitude. My managers schedule the employees who really work for them, have shown enthusiasm in their work and are willing to fill in and help as much as they can. YRS< that would include top wait staff the customers like and ask for.

Look to your work ethics and self attitude before yelling racism.

Never quit one job until you have another lined up.

I get it - you're black. You aren't white. I don't see the connection between you asking for several days off and them taking you off the schedule because it's easier than juggling other people's hours to accommodate you.

You weren't terminated. You were taken off the schedule.

Sure, teach them a lesson. Quit. That's what I tell my employees when they get into petty arguments with each other or with policy. Find somewhere else to work where you'll be happier.

You can't blame every bump in life, every flaw, every experience on racism.

If you can PROVE that this is discrimination, then retain counsel and sue.

Oh ya lets get into the race thing, that is the only excuse that is used now a days. That seems to cover everything from you don't like the toilet paper (because it is white), to the apron that is being used.

Here is a suggestion, talk to your manager, and I think I have seen this question before except worded differently (different job), but more or less the same situation.