Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 months ago

In your opinion: why, how and when has Political correctness started to become more influential in society?

Update:

@Tusha: and when was that? what year or decade?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Influential is too nice of a word for what it is and what it’s doing. I say PC is an infringement on our 1st amendment rights. The government has a lot of nerve telling us what we can’t say and what we can.

• 5 months ago

It comes and goes. In the early part of the 1980s it seemed to be the fashionable thing. At least it was where I lived.

• Thomas
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Liberalism is the cause, and it started about 20 years ago.....very gradually so it would not cause a ruckus in the American culture. Now we are entangled, entrenched in PC.

The good news is we have Donald Trump, our President, who doesn't give a sh it about PC. Consequently, more citizens are not as afraid as before, but it will take years to rid ourselves of this cancer. Will probably never go away.

• Michele K
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

Vox editor Dara Lind summarized the definition as "a brand of right-wing hypersensitivity that gets just as offended by insults to American pride and patriotism (like protests against the president-elect or "The Star-Spangled Banner") as any college activist gets over insults to diversity."

• 5 months ago

"PC" is like a cancer! A slow growing cancer. It began in the 70's and as more "pc" friendly politicians came into office the radical "pc" left took power over our lives. They became embolden. Because the politicians in office will support their "pc" ideas. Now ww have almost nazi germany. Watch what you say! Like that customer who went off on the stupid mexican girl working at the coffee shop? He got fired and literally run out of new york.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Around the time of social media where governments and major organisations with an agenda can propagate brainwashing material to the masses very easily and fast

• 5 months ago

it always has been. the only thing that has changed is what is politically correct and what isn't.

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Since people bravely started raising the topic of inequality to make life fairer . I guess it started a while ago in the U.K with Emmeline Pankhurst fighting for the women's right to vote . Was it the 1920's ?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

PC is starting to lose traction.

• 5 months ago

Well, I like to trace it back to when Slick Willie went on MTV as a candidate. He was asked the inane question, "Boxers or briefs?" And he answered, and played the saxophone. It has been CRAZY ever since.

• 5 months ago

When social justice warriors and fringe minority commie leftists took over.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.