Why is my dad brownish even though my family is white?

Through all my life I've wondered why does my dad kind of looks like a hindu or an arab. He has a heavily brown skin, even though his facial features look perfectly european, such as his stature, hair texture, and every other aspect of him. Both me and my sister look completely white, and so do my aunts and uncles and both my grandparents, although his side of the family has some darker features, but nothing that can explain it. I tought that maybe my grandpa had native american heritage, but that wouldn't make much sense since he was a tall guy, had curly hair and bushy eyebrows, and was kind of racist. And before you come up with that, I look a lot like my dad (except for skin, of course), and he looks a lot like his father did, so I don't think anyone got cucked. Thanks!

Because whites come in many different shades, ranging from fair to brownish or anything in-between

Maybe he has a suntan.

Caucasians come in a wide variety of shades, only one of which is white. Many in the Mediterranean have olive skin, people in the Middle East are often brown, and some in India can even be black. Is he Italian? Or Spanish? They are technically white, but, are actually light brown sometimes.