Is my cat sick or gonna die?

I have an 8 year old red tabby. Seemed all of a sudden he stopped eating and drinking. And he pukes up foam /spit 4-5times a day. He lost 1kg weight in 24 hours. He's very weak and moves slower then usual. It's going onto day 4 where he hasn't ate or drink. I haven't seen him bathe himself ... show more I have an 8 year old red tabby.
Seemed all of a sudden he stopped eating and drinking. And he pukes up foam /spit 4-5times a day. He lost 1kg weight in 24 hours. He's very weak and moves slower then usual. It's going onto day 4 where he hasn't ate or drink. I haven't seen him bathe himself either.

Took him to the vet they were worried. They thought something was wrong more then a sickness. But without doing blood work xrays they can't tell for sure. And we're not looking to spend 1000$ on that . We would rather put down if that's the case . He was dyhydrated they gave him some type of shot to help that.
The vet said putting him down after day 5 or 6 without food and water defiantly was a suggestion .

Also the vet said all his vitals were normal. And he didn't show any signs of pain when feeling his stomach for something so that's a really positive for us.

On the bright side. On day 5 he did nibble on some wet food and ate very little . And he did lick his water bowl (2 licks) . We used a syringe to give him water as well. We took him outside and he seemed to move a little more. And we saw him pee in his litter box once since the 5 days . He does not hide as a dying cat might do..