Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Does anyone else agree: Western-society is ridiculous?

Now, don't get me wrong. America

used to be a nice place in the 1950's and 1960's.

The bottom-line is: America has turned into a corporation.

Americans care more about money and "progress" than

being happy.

Our motto is "follow us in our blind-ambition.

We live to work, there is no better way." Plus, if

you don't have a college-degree, you're almost

screwed for life; and even then, companies will

wipe their *** with your 4-year degree.

Update:

I don't necessarily blame companies. It's clear the

government is actively trying to dismantle small-businesses,

and impoverish all of us. There really hasn't been a huge

recovery since 2008. We still have a long-way to go.

Our society is pervaded by fast-food and high obesity

rates. 1/3rd of our citizens are on psychiatric-medicine,

or have chronic health-problems. We're actually the

2nd most unhealthy people in the Western-hemisphere.

Update 2:

Was my analysis more or less correct? Your thoughts?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

America and pretty much all western countries are now just economic platforms for billionaires to exploit and make money.

Nobody sees us as country with a defined culture or ethnicity.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Only about half of adult Americans work for a living, so you post makes no sense.

• 5 months ago

I disagree i am from India the same thing is happening with us .....the west has reached saturation point with modernization and are now looking back to balance out family and work life ...in our case we are just beginning and being one of the largest populations in the world with a rapidly growing economy ...it will take half a century ...thankfully our womenfolk in majority stick to their value systems .....:)

One thing is for sure Europe is very different from Americas in terms of balancing personal and professional life ....cheers!!!

I would like to wish Trump dude the best of luck in his future endeavors and i fervently hope the honorable Theresa May and Frau Merkel get another opportunity to serve their nation ...they are respected and admired and shall be so as the successor to Dame Margaret Thatcher ...:)

EDIT : i think your analysis was an initiative and subject to trial and error ....Rambo 5 is in ....the last blood ...what do you think about that laddie ....:)

Source(s): MISOA
  • 5 months ago

Have you ever been to a non-Western country to compare? Western society has become frivolous and consumerist and immature for certain.

Then there is the flaws of the non-West, which are so corrupt, violent and show utter disregard for human life, that most Westerners would die from fright.

Source(s): Worked in non-Western countries.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Well then let’s pack our bags & go to the Middle East where the living is easy that’s why all these legal/illegals die to come to Western societies

• John
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Nobody in western society is forcing you to "follow us in our blind ambition". But your liberty comes with the expectation of personal responsibility, so if your "happiness" requires the confiscate wealth or labor of others, then it is you who is being ridiculous.

• 5 months ago

No I don't agree

• I think all people strive for a better standard of living everywhere on the planet.

• 5 months ago

Says the person using a computer probably made in a western-style market and certainly invented and designed in a western society to a computer network invented in a western society.

*sigh* Naive children. Is there really nothing we can do but wait years for them to grow up?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Maybe you should start looking at the glass half full. It's pretty popular to have a negative opinion about anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.